tcs Nightguard Home Care Instructions
Prior to placing the appliance in your mouth:
- Brush and floss your teeth.
- In order for this appliance to fit properly and engage in the undercuts it must be softened under warm tap water for 30-60 seconds before being placed in the mouth. It is ready when it becomes soft and flexible.
To insert Appliance
- Use your forefinger and thumb of both hands to guide appliance into place over your teeth.
- Gently bite down to insure appliance is fully seated.
When to wear Appliance
- A nightguard is to be used nightly or at anytime you desire to prevent trauma and wear from the grinding and or clenching of your teeth.
Removal of Appliance
- Use your forefinger and thumb of both hands to grasp appliance and gently pull out.
- Use mild toothpaste and a soft denture brush under cold tap water.
- DO NOT scrub hard with a regular toothbrush.
- Shake moisture from appliance.
- Place in a sealable plastic container.
- Mineral deposits may accumulate causing discoloration. If this occurs – soak appliance for approximately 15 minutes in a denture cleaner.
- After soaking, rinse with cold running water and store.
Note: Air drying helps to dissipate the opaque appearance caused by excess moisture.